Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Yep, after so long I am back to blogging

What happened to the old blog?
For some of you whom read my previous blog, you seen how I talked about things, etc. Well one of the topics was about my old high school friends and how it felt to have reconnected with nearly all of them. That feeling changed quickly....

The last reconnection I made was with the East Indian girl of our group. We spoke once, seemed all good and she was to call me back later....she never did. Suddenly one day I logged on to my e-mail and saw a letter from one of the reconnected "acquantence" that had a weird subject line. She said that the East idian girl found my blog and was furious about what I wrote and told her about it. She too was POed. Then they told a recent reconnected friend of mine and she was none too pleased either. Point of matter....she supposely seeked legal advice and told me to NEVER speak to her or the East Indian girl again. Luckily the third friend had enough sense to put herself in my shoes and knew I meant no harm, that I was just happy with everything that happened.

My initial reaction....panic. I worried about how legal action would affect my family, forget about myself because I didn't care about me. So after an hour of trying to apologize and getting advice from friends, something suddenly hit me....logic. The one friend whom understood my blogging accepted my apology and asked me to remove anything with her name on it. Seems like the right, mature way to go. To this day we still are in contact. But the other two, it took a bit of time in that morning but I realized something....I was duped!

The one ex-acquantence was never really a friend of mine, just someone I talked to from time to time ages ago. She claimed how we have grown and matured and were beyond the petty school yard antics. On Facebook she deleted me as a friend, which makes sense, but why did she deleted my wife, whom she was closer to and had no problems with? Now concerning that East Indian ex-friend, she never called me back as she said she was going to. I heard about her reaction from the previously mentioned person....which was 10 months after she said "I have to go, can I call you back later? Give me your number." So I concluded one thing.....NEITHER of them actually wanted to reconnect, right the wrongs done to us and be civil to one another in respect of our old friendship. I called my lawyer that afternoon and we had a good (free) talk about this matter. I managed to save the entire blog in txt format and then took the blog down....out of respect for the friend that asked me to remove her name. My lawyer said not to worry because what he read had no slander, no lies, was not insulting anyone, I had absolute proof of everything I had wrote and was actually praising the people whom were angry with me. I waited and nothing happened so.......

Why Back?
I'm back to blogging and doing it the way I want, regardless of people. I will however keep certain names out (as you can see here) and just carry on as I use to. I wanted to blog again because things changed in my life. I've grown to have more influence in my area of work and have been involved with a lot of decision making. Thing is, I am tied of all the hidden agendas and "look good for the public" things so I feel I need to speak out....hence why this is called Point Blank.....absolute honesty, absolute thoughts and absolutely no regards to anyone trying to sneak around on others in the quest to push their own agenda. So stay tuned. I will be blogging like I use to, but also be more open about things. And to those people that are or use to be my friends....no names will be printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment