Sunday, November 29, 2009

She's Back Home - And My Life Gets Organized

Melissa's back home now. Things didn't go all as originally planned for the last few days she spent here, but she had a good time at least. She had thought there was an immediate train leaving for here from Montreal in the early afternoon but had a surprise, there was a good 3 hours between trains so she had to find things to do without missing that one. So Sunday's exploration of our immediate area was put off until Monday, which we did. I think her highlight was either the Cornwall Jail or St. Raphel's Church. Then that evening we took her back to Ottawa so she can take her VERY early flight back home. LOTS of fog so many flights were cancelled that night and the hotels were packed with irritated airport users. I said my goodbyes to Mel and wished her well, hoping to see her again when we both get the chance.

Tuesday I had to work and my wife stood by to hear on Mel's safe trip home....no calls though. Then I got home, checked the Ottawa and Calgary airports for departure/arrival times and got a mixed answer. Ottawa said her flight took off early while Calgary said it was cancelled. After a few inquiries to Mel and her sister by e-mail, I was relieved to learn she got home safely. Original flight cancelled so she did a layover hop in Toronto....an experience she does not want to repeat. Point of the matter, she's back home, safe and sound and I hope well relaxed from her trip.

I also did a bit of "cleaning house" in my life. The last few months I became involved in MANY issues and groups and you know that old saying.....if you spread yourself out too much, everything you are involved in will suffer. That's the truth and it took me getting ill to realize I had to get my priorities straight, regardless of how I feel about some things. I knew that things at home with my family, work and the municipal heritage group were my important things so I dropped everything else. My wife recently had major surgery, my son needed his parents for homework help and work needed me several times to be called in....all were suffering so enough was enough. My focus is back on track and amazingly in this first week I actually have time to myself, something I haven't had in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment